More than 90% firms in the world are SMEs (Small Businesses). SMEs employ more than 60% of the skilled labour in the world. These numbers are fancy, but the closure rate of SMEs is also on the higher side. Majority of SMEs fail to scale primarily due to failure to build strong lead funnels. Successful lead funnels for SMEs look like Martini Glasses, that enable higher efficiency in lead conversions. Confused? read this article for better clarity on lead funnels.
Best Digital Marketing Tips for Small Business
The following tips guarantee robust revenue growth, if followed with discipline and with a bit of smartness. Dont forget to read the most important GOLDEN RULE at the end of the blog.
1. Run Ads on Google Search Network
– If you have just started your business or have an old business facing problems in lead generation, this is the most quick and easy way to build a strong lead funnel. Some things to keep in mind, so that you don’t end up burning your stack for nothing
- Learn how Google Ads work, even if someone else will be running your campaigns, you can get started here
- Hire an expert, if you don’t have the time and have no idea how websites work.
- Do a detailed keyword analysis, bid on the most searched keywords.
- Have a big list of negative keywords, read about them here.
- Make fast loading and beautiful landing pages. Use this guide.
2. List your business on Google My Business
– The idea is to tap the local market. You must have searched on Google for restaurants, salons, places etc. Google uses the Google My Listings database to show you a list of the most near/best businesses for a service or a product. So if you are looking to get local clients, make sure you have Google My Business listing. Get started here. Also use the following secret tips.
- Listings with more and better reviews show up in the list, so just don’t think your work is done by registering, get reviews for your business
- Identify keywords that match your business and add them to your listing
- If you have a restaurant, you can add the complete menu on your listing, Google even let’s users to book tables, rooms in a hotel, flights etc, through its listings itself.
- Add your business details, website url, phone number, opening hours, these small details help, take my word for it
- You can even run ads, to come up in the list every time someone makes a search query, read more here
3. Have a Good Website
-Investing your time and money in a good website always pays off. Firstly having a website builds trust among your prospective customers. You can run Google Ads more easily with quick development of landing pages for ads. Majority people who check your business listings, click on the website option more often. Follow the tips below for best results.
- Hire a good web development company, like Krenovate, we design your website with a focus on local lead generation and top Google search rankings
- Make sure your websites load fast, preferably within 5 seconds on mobile, use this Google free tool to test loading speeds.
- Always adopt a mobile first design and development, use this guide to understand more about responsive web designs.
4. Do SEO for Long Tail Keywords
-Websites which are not optimised for search engines like Google or Bing are sunk costs. If you want your website to be a revenue making asset, stop being lazy and just do the On-page SEO for it. Learn more about it here. Make sure you rank your website for more relevant and long tail keywords, visitors will surely be less, but they will be genuine. Use the following tips to get more clarity
- Hire an SEO expert. You can hire us, we will surely get you the best results.
- Tell the expert you only want genuine queries, low number of website visitors should be fine at the start
- Check out these awesome reasons by Neil Patel to keep the focus on long tail keywords
5. Facebook ads
-If you have a B2C business and don’t want to invest your money and time in building a website and then doing SEO for it. Run ads on Facebook. Facebook has this awesome feature of Lead Ads, which capture leads on the app itself. This gives you better conversion rates than the typical search ads on Google. Also Facebook has the ability to target leads locally, which is also one very good reason to use this method. Some pro tips as always
- Design beautiful and appealing ads, hire a graphic designer
- Use cross interests to target people, if you are trying to capture college students for your restaurant, target on groups and pages that have a big community of food lovers.
6. Local Influencer Marketing
-This is my personal favourite. Highly untapped and has tremendous results for local businesses. You must have seen Virat Kohli or Cristiano Ronaldo sponsoring a big brand on their Instagram account. You can do the same for your own business, not with Cristiano Ronaldo, but with numerous local Instagrammers with high number of followers and good engagement. Do read the tips that follow
- Its easy to find influencers in your locality, simply search for hashtags related to your business, and find people trending on the hashtags in your locality
- You might get lucky, some influencers agree to promote your brand for very low budgets, how do you get it, start by being nice and appreciate their efforts
- Dont fall for number of followers, a lot of activity on Instagram is driven by bots, so do check if the followers of that person really engage with his/her posts. You can simply check the consistency and quality of comments on each post. See this video on how Instagram Influencers are taking businesses for a ride.
7. GOLDEN RULE
-Only run campaigns or do an activity on one platform at a time with low budgets. A good low budget is $200 per platform. Compare results and then push in larger budgets.
I hope these tips help you achieve best results for your business. You can always get in touch with our team for better conversions and hassle free growth of your business. And do share your comments of what might have worked for you, would love to learn more. Cheers!